I love to travel and to photograph destination weddings abroad so to be asked by Jon and Lori to be their wedding photographer in Romania was very exciting. Jon and Lori’s wedding at Snagov Palace in Romania was a massive highlight from 2013 and a wedding that I will never forget. It was great to work along side videographers and good friends Brandon and Matt from Leonard Fox Ltd again and thanks also to Matt for getting a few stills of Jon’s groom prep whilst I was with Lori. There are are so many cool parts to this wedding that I would like to write about but I would be here all day so here are a few highlights:
– Lori’s Bridal prep at an amazing boutique studio in downtown Bucharest, this was an awesome start to the day.
– Arrival by speedboat! – Snagov Palace is an hour drive out of Bucharest and it’s located on the bank of the beautiful Snagov Lake. As a surprise to the groom and guests Lori had arranged a speed boat to take her and bridesmaids the last leg of the journey. Of course I also needed to be there on the boat to document it! 🙂
– Jon’s expression when Lori arrives! says it all, one very happy man!
– Snagov Palace itself – provided an amazing backdrop for their wedding, so much character to this unique venue. An beautiful outdoor Ceremony!
– The heat! It was hot, but I am not complaining! I think I may have lost a few pounds running around all day!
– The entertainment – They booked one of Romaina biggest rock bands Publika to play at the evening do, epic!
– The entrance of the cake! to the theme tune of Indiana Jones! sparklers and fireworks galore. I hope the photos do it justice but can’t wait to see the video
– The Palenka and Romanian dancing! well some of this was after I put my camera away but it is fair to say everyone good times were had and it was great to join in the fun! 🙂
I feel very privileged to be asked to photograph this wedding and I hope you enjoy Jon + Lori’s story x