It doesn’t matter how much planning you do for your wedding day there is always one element that you can’t control and that is the weather. Although Heather and Steve’s wedding day started out with rain nobody was going to let it ruin the day! In fact, it brought the whole party even closer together! The overlooking Carrick Roads. Later in the day the sun even made an appearance so that everyone could get out and enjoy the incredible views! Heather and Steve, thank you so much or having me as your wedding photographer, I wish you both all the best for your future lives together!
The Wedding of Heather & Steve (Selected Stills)
Kind Words From Heather & Steve
- Thank you for our wonderful photographs! You were brilliant for our wedding and many people have commented on how great the photos are!!
Here is their story……
Tell me a little bit about yourselves, for example, where did you meet?
We met through mutual friends in London in December 2008, when Steve dropped cider down my leg at a comedy night. We have been together ever since!
Can you tell me about the proposal?
We went to the British Virgin Islands on holiday to visit some friends and on a deserted beach, Steve wrote the question in the sand having had to smuggle and hide the ring all the way from England.
Can you tell me about your venues and why you chose them?
I am from Cornwall and couldn’t really imagine getting married anywhere else. My parents live in St Feock and so the parish church was an obvious choice, especially as Father Bone was so welcoming.
Getting married in Cornwall but having a lot of friends travelling from outside of the county meant we wanted to show them what Cornwall meant to us. We wanted a relaxed wedding with a sea view and so Restronguet Barton fitted the bill perfectly – you can’t beat that view of the Carrick Roads.
Were you going for a certain style or theme for your wedding?
We wanted our wedding to be relaxed so people could let their hair down and enjoy themselves, especially after their long journeys.
What is your most memorable moment from the day?
The view in the evening when the sun was setting and the full moon was rising was pretty special. Also looking out in the marquee and seeing all of our friends and family in one place was lovely and awesome that everyone made the effort.
Why did you choose Stewart Girvan Photography?
Stewart had been recommended to us by a number of people and we liked the relaxed nature of his photos as we didn’t want too much formality.
How did you feel about having your photos taken and were you pleased with the final images?
Stewart was very helpful the whole way through the wedding process. On the day he was organised and made us feel comfortable. We were very happy with our photos and are looking forward to putting the album together.
Can you tell me about any other suppliers that contributed and played an important part to your wedding? For example, florist, makeup artist, transport, entertainment.
- Florist – George Mackay – again came highly recommended and the flowers and table decorations were stunning
- Marquee – South West Domes – something slightly different than your standard marquee – we got lots of compliments
- Food – Jamie Beetham – everyone was incredibly complimentary about the food and he kept things flowing smoothly
- Transport – A2B Taxis Truro – they couldn’t have been more helpful and accommodating
- Entertainment – Sam de la Haye (piano player for drinks reception) and Andy Harris at Your Big Event Limited as a DJ for the evening reception – both were excellent
- Photo bus – Cornwall Photo Bus Company – a VW camper van photo booth gave us a great alternative guest book
- Amenties – Cornwall Conveniences and Ellis Electrical – knew their stuff and were very efficient
Do you have any advice for future couples planning their wedding?
Try to enjoy the planning as there are times when it will be stressful but remember what you are doing it for. Don’t worry about the weather, the likelihood is you won’t really notice. And the most important tip – always assume your friends will drink more than you expect!