This is a wedding that I have been really looking forward to featuring on my blog. From the first meeting with Nat and Phil, we hit it off right away. We found that we had a common interest in Gig rowing and chatted about it for most of the meeting! In my spare time, I row for St Ives gig rowing club and through chance, both Nat and Phil are keen gig rowers too (and a lot better than me I might add!) It’s always great to get to know the couple before the wedding itself, it helps to break the ice before the big day.
Here is their story……
The day started for me, at Kuggar Sands on the Lizard where Phil, his sister and close family and friends kicked off the wedding day with a dip in the sea! I then popped over to Falmouth where the girls were getting ready, before heading to Budock Church for the wedding service. The morning preparations were a great occasion to be a part of, I felt like one of the family with a camera in hand. Both sides were buzzing with excitement at the prospect of the day ahead.
Some of my favourite shots from Nat and Phil’s wedding were taken outside immediately after the service. The sword arch, confetti, hugs, kisses; hive fives and generally lots of love for the newlyweds. So many lovely moments to capture. Shortly after the confetti was thrown, Nat and Phil, jumped in the car and headed down to Falmouth Marina. From here, they had arranged for a very nice luxury speed boat to whisk them up the river to Mylor harbour, which made for a pretty amazing entrance to their wedding reception at Castaways wine bar. Obviously, this bit had to be documented so I was also invited to come along for the ride, not a bad day at the office for me!
I genuinely enjoyed getting to know Nat and Phil and it was a real privilege to be their wedding photographer. Nat and Phil, thank you for having me to photograph what truly was an amazing wedding, I wish you both all the best and hope to see you again soon.
The Wedding of Nat & Phil (Selected Stills)
Wedding ceremony venue – Budock Church
Situated just outside of Falmouth, Budock Church is a beautiful place for a wedding. This was a first for me here and I hope to be back again soon.
Wedding reception venue – Castaways, Mylor
Castaways wine bar is situated right on the Mylor harbour sea front and a great place for a wedding reception. There are lots of interesting nooks and crannies to shoot around here and everywhere you look there is a sea of masts and sails.
Kind Words From Nat & Phil
- Stew, firstly I'm so sorry it's taken so long to get back to you. After receiving the USB I had to wait 3 days until Phil and I was in the same room before we could sit down and go through them....by far the hardest thing I've ever had to do! When we finally got together, we sat down with a bottle of champagne and relived our day through your photos. They're all so amazing and had us both smiling from start to finish!! You truly captured the day. Even though you were working I hope you had as much fun as we did. Simply saying thank you doesn't seem enough but thank you so much! Hopefully we'll catch you on the water sometime soon.
Supplier Shout out
- Reception Venue – Castaways Mylor
- Boat hire – Falmouth Motor Boat Charters
- Videographer – I Do Wedding Films
- Band – Small Wonder
- Magician – Lewis Becher Magician